Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Aroma

Biggest adjustment of the day: we moved the coffee maker from the break room to our new "Marketing Room" which is right behind the Concierge's desk in the bank lobby. Today the whole bank smells like fresh brewed coffee. Is this a bad thing? I would venture to say that it's not, except that my coffee consumption is likely to rise greatly. Being the health conscious individual I am, WebMD is the first place I go to figure out this conundrum.

Conclusion: Coffee is America's #1 source of antioxidants. What else did I find? Those Mint Dark Chocolates sitting at the end of my desk which I am seemingly addicted to are actually free radical blocking antioxidants in disguise. What a glorious day of discovery. I think I'll go have another cup!

4 comments:

Keith said...

The aroma of barley and hops is far more appealing. However the after effects from consumption are somewhat different than the coffee. Therefore we shall only contune the coffee program,

Anonymous said...

I too, am a health conscious individual. I'm all for the benefits of coffee and chocolate. I think you can take this one step further by offering red wine after 4pm in your lobby. (Check WebMD for health benefits) If salons can do it, why not Choice Bank!

Melanie Gauthier

Anonymous said...

Pass the bon bons !

Choice Bank said...

Great idea Melanie! However, I think I better run that one past the Board of Directors!

P.S. For those of you who don't know Melanie, she and her husband Tom own Gauthier Chiropractic here in Oshkosh. If you have aches and pains that is the place to go! Seriously, I just visited them this morning!