Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Home



Tomorrow morning our fearless leader, Keith Pollnow, is going to be interviewing with Bob Burnell on WOSH AM Radio 1490 at 7:45 A.M. The topic is sub-prime mortgages. With the market today this is a huge topic of concern. I once had a marketing professor who would ask me just about every day how Choice Bank was being impacted by sub-prime lending. The truth is, community banks don't have many issues with this.

At Choice Bank our mortgage lenders will not put you into a mortgage that you cannot afford! I know first hand! About 2 years ago I sat down with our mortgage lender Chris Leitch to weigh the benefits of owning vs. renting. In detail we listed my income against my bills, the potential mortgage payments and the additional home owning costs (utilities etc...). Chris made sure that I could afford a home (I couldn't) before we even took the process any further.

A few months ago I sat down with Chris again. The tables had turned and this time, using the same method, Chris helped me find the mortgage payments I could handle. I have been in my beautiful new home for a little over a month.

Purchasing a home - especially your first home like me - is a lot of work, not to mention a huge financial decision. Whether you choose Choice Bank for your mortgage or go with someone else, make sure that your mortgage lender is working for YOU! You don't just need a mortgage, you need an entire financial plan!

No comments: